In this 72 hours monographic course comprised of a weekly session of 3 hours each, we will work the portrait, a theme which we are going to approach both from a formal as well as conceptual perspective.
In order to assimilate the wonderful sculptural language we have to understand the formal values by exercising the observation sense and learning the modeling techniques.
We will be able to value and generate aesthetic harmony, balance, volumes, symmetries, movements, proportions and, finally, expressiveness.
Methods and Learning
- Each student observes the model while building it in clay.
- The idea of modeling a portrait is an intense and dynamic exercise conceived to stimulate the development of individual capacities with the material.
- We will work with measures tools such as calipers and plumb, in order to understand the world of the anatomical proportions, volumes, symmetries and axes. In this way we will achieve dexterity and a good basis to stimulate expressiveness. Technique and expressivity go hand in hand when we incorporate all these elements.
- Once the piece (head, bust) is done in clay, we will make a lost mold to create the original in another material, in this case polyester resin.
- We will experiment with different finishes and texturization techniques.
- You can enroll until January 12, 2017;
- We offer personalized tutoring to each student: when you register we conduct an interview to assess the level of knowledge and together we define your learning targets;
- You will have to bring photographs of the person you want to portray, (face, profile, semi profile, back, etc). However, for those who want to work with live model (there is possible to hire one), the cost of the model (15€ per hour that can be shared) is paid separately and is not included into the price of the course;
- You have the opportunity to practice two more hours in the studio before or after the class, for no additional costs;
- You pay one enrolment fee, regardless if you take one or more courses;
- The classes are comprised of a minimum of 3 and a maximum of 6 people to ensure personalized attention;
- We provide you with all the materials and tools you may need for your creative process, this also includes work clothes.
Course of 72 hours, from January 17th to June 29th, sessions of 3h / week:
To choose between:
- Tuesday from 10:00 to 13:00 h
- Thursday from 18:00 to 21:00 h
Enrolment (once) € 50, then € 150 monthly
Prices include all materials and tools